USG Student Org Resources
A comprehensive list of non-financial resources for USG recognized organizations. Details about financial resources and documents can be found on the finance committee page. Any questions can be directed to Maya Rao at email@example.com
Student Activities and Leadership Office (SA&L)
The Student Activities and Leadership Office is a resource available to all student organizations recognized under USG. The SA&L has a variety of resources, such as risk management, event planning, programming, etc. For a full list of resources and for contact information, please visit their website.
Campus Space Reservations
- Thwing Center Reservations
- Thwing Administration: 216.368.2660
- Tinkham Veale Center Reservations
- Athletic Facilities
- Most other Campus Reservations
- Astra Room Scheduling System
Campus Food Policy
- Food & Catering Policies for events are determined by the specific building in which your event is held. The short list of polices can be found below. If you have any questions, please work with USG's VP of Finance.
- Thwing Center - Homemade Baked Goods and Bake Sales allowed. Non-University catering allowed, but homemade catering not allowed.
- Tink University Center - Bake Sales allowed at Walkway Tables; each item must be individually wrapped. Plastic Bags can be picked up at the SPARTA Center. Any events with food has to be done through Bon Appetit Catering. Non-University catering in the event of Cultural dinners must be requested from the Tink staff in advance, and will only be approved in the rare event that Bon Appetit chefs cannot accommodate the food. No homemade catering allowed.
- Bon Appetit Student Price Catering Menu: Student Catering Menu
- Bon Appetit is very flexible with their offerings for student groups. Contact Traci Marsik, the Catering Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about their catering.
Organization Publicity Opportunities
- With your USG printer code (which is held in the Office of Student Activities and Leadership), you can print flyers, organization documents, etc. from the USG printer in the Student Activities Area in the new University Center.
- Black and White printing is available. Various colors of paper are also available in the USG office.
- Printing costs will be charged to your organization at the end of the semester.
- Campus TV Screens
- Electronic flyers on all campus/residential TV screens can be submitted through the ITS InfoBoard
- Multi-colored Chalk for sidewalk messages can be checked out for free from the SPARTA office (see below)
- USG provides Tapingo services for student orgs. Ticket, merchandise, or food sales can be set up for your organization. Students can use CaseCash and/or Credit/Debit on Tapingo with their app.
- Tapingo Sales can be setup via the online OrgSync application: https://orgsync.com/89044/forms/118970
SPARTA Center Checkouts
- The USG Finance Committee and the Office of Student Activities and Leadership have event materials for checkout from the SPARTA office (Tink - 148G)
- Student Orgs can checkout PR Materials (chalk), Event Materials (tarps, raffle boxes, money boxes), Dining Materials (Plates, Cups, Cutlerly, table covers, chaffing sets), and more.
- Material Reservations can be made via the online OrgSync application: https://orgsync.com/128252/forms
- The USG Finance Committee provides CaseCash readers to all student orgs. Readers can be checked out for 3 days at a time and can be used to charge students CaseCash.
- The readers must be reserved ahead of time by emailing email@example.com and including CaseCash Card Reader Reservation in the subject line
- The Following information must be included in the email: Organization Name, Contact person and phone number, Dates requested and Speedtype of the group
Additional Considerations for Large Events
- Logistics/Planning/Risk Management
- The Student Activities and Leadership Office has got you covered. Check out their event resource page!
- The USG has CoSponsorships to help support large campus events for the community (above and beyond your normal USG Mass Funding allocation for the event): The USG CoSponsorship Form
- Other SEC Leadership Organizations on campus offer CoSponsorships as well.
- University Programming Board - CoSponsorships for large campus events
- Class Officer Collective - CoSponsorships for events supporting campus traditions
- University Media Board - CoSponsorships for large media-related events
- Undergraduate Diversity Collective - CoSponsorships Coming Soon
- Residence Hall Association - CoSponsorships for residence hall programming and other campus events
Student Org Guest Parking
(Presenters, Speakers, Performers, Etc.):
- Guests can park in LOT 46 which has an attendant 24/7. Just send the name and date of parking to Mike Goliat (firstname.lastname@example.org). The cost to your account is $10/day.
- Student Orgs can reserve free storage space in the basement of Thwing center. Please email email@example.com for details and to reserve a spot.
Student Org Mail
- Student Organizations will be notified of all snail mail sent to them by their Finance Committee liaison.
- Orgs can set the Tink University Center as their mailing address:
- 11038 Bellflower Rd.
- Cleveland, OH, 44106
CCEL Van Rentals
- Student Organizations can rent vans at a discounted rate from CCEL.
AV Equiptment Rental (SLEBS)
- The Footlighters have sound and lighting equipment that is available for CWRU USG-recognized student organizations to borrow for on-campus events.
Food Recovery Network
- Thanks to the Food Recovery Network project on campus, if a student organization is having an event and they would like to donate the food that doesn't end up getting served, they can fill out this form to be contacted with more logistics (which there are a lot of in order to keep the food safe).
- CWRU Food Recovery Network Post Event Request
Starting a USG Organization
Orgsync Application for Registering a New Org: https://orgsync.com/browse_orgs/734
After filling out this application, please contact Maya Rao at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an initial meeting, in which you will discuss your plans for the organization in an informal interview and be informed on how to move forward with the club recognition process.
As for the content of the application, we are looking for the following things:
- 10 members listed on Orgsync
- A Faculty Advisor
- If you need any help finding a Faculty Advisor, the SA&L Office has compiled an advisor roster with all faculty members willing to serve in this capacity. For more information, contact Colleen Barker-Williamson (email@example.com)
- A Constitution (you can look through other organizations' pages on Orgsync, which should have good examples of complete constitutions)
- The constitution needs to include a non-discrimination clause
- The statement of purpose should be clear and concise, and it needs to differentiate your org from any other USG-recognized orgs. Organizations should also not be so specific that they would have difficulties maintaining membership over time.
- Once you have met with VP Rao, the USG Finance committee votes on whether or not the group's application will be sent to to the USG General Assembly, and GA then votes to officially recognize all groups in the form of a Recognition Bill.