Fall 2017 First-Year Elections
Click here to view the candidates and their letters of intent!
Are you a first year student hoping to advocate for students, financially support nearly 200 campus organizations, and develop as a leader while improving the CWRU community? Then consider running for one of the 13 available USG First-Year Representative Positions!
- August 28, 12:00am - Letter of Intent and Elevator Pitch Submissions Open, e-mail as a Word or PDF file to email@example.com
- August 29, 6:30pm-7:00pm, USG Information Session, Toepfor Room in Adelbert Hall
- August 31, 5:00pm - Letter of Intent Submissions Close
- August 31, 6:00pm-7:00pm - MANDATORY Candidates Meeting, Thwing 101
- September 1, 12:00am - Campaigning Begins
- September 8, 12:00am - Polls Open
- September 9, 8:00pm - Polls Close
- September 9, 8:00pm - Election Night Party with VP Lou Stark, The Spot
Letters of Intent should be no longer than one page and should contain the candidate's reasons for wanting to be a Representative, as well as any relevant qualifications the candidate may possess for the position.
Elevator pitches should be no longer than 100 words and should concisely explain why the candidate is running for the Representative position.
The following positions are open to any first-year undergraduate seeking office in the Undergraduate Student Government:
- First-Year Representatives - act as the voice and vote of the Class of 2021 and are elected at a ratio of 100 students to 1 representative. Representatives serve on a caucus which involves the representatives from the same constituency, as well as a committee where they work on initiatives to solve student issues. For the 2017-2018 academic year there are 13 Representative positions available.